What is .NET Micro Framework?
- an operating system especially suited for small and compact embedded systems
- includes user customized graphic user interface
- supports standard peripherals like RS232, Fast Ethernet and more
- no separate operating system is necessary - application and drivers are one monolithic image
- needs little RAM and Flash (less than 1 MB). MMU is not necessary
- .NET Micro Framework can even run within Linux or other operating systems as application
- hardware integration of .NET Micro Framework on your platform